Wednesday 7 September 2016

Muezza




My daughter wants me to write about her pet. So this is for you, B.

This is our pet, Muezza. We named her after Prophet Muhammad’s favourite cat.

“It is told that Prophet Muhammad awoke one day to the sounds of the Azan, the Muslim daily call to prayer. Preparing to attend, he began to dress himself; however, he soon discovered his cat Muezza sleeping on the sleeve of his prayer robe. Rather than wake her, he used a pair of scissors to cut the sleeve off, leaving the cat undisturbed. On perhaps a separate occasion, upon returning from the mosque, Prophet Muhammad received a bow from Muezza. He then smiled and gently stroke his beloved cat three times, promising her a special place in heaven and bestowing the ability for cats to land on all fours.” - Wikipedia

Our Muezza has white and grey fluffy fur and yellow eyes. My brother gave it to us.

It took my daughter a while to convince me as my son and I are allergic to cats. That is why I have never had a pet while growing up.

Muezza is very naughty and a bit aggressive too.  Most of the time, if she is not lying around watching the world goes by; she would be out hunting and once in while present her horrified owner with a "present" as if to show her prowess, hoping her owner will share the thrill!....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...