Thursday 26 October 2017

Green Moss Steamed Cake

This cake needs no introduction. One fun fact about this cake is that it’s named after the colour. Well, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Raya cake is this cake. But of course, I don’t just wait for Raya to bake this cake.  

I've lost count of how many times I've baked this cake. I still can't understand how such a simple cake can taste so great! I believe it has to do with the ingredients. 

Honestly, I was not a big fan of this cake until a few years ago. It all changed when I happened to taste it at a friend’s open house.  I was instantly hooked. So I made it a point to get the recipe then and there and ever since, baking this cakes is one of my fav Raya traditions. No Raya is ever complete without this classic treat cake on the table.  

Trust me, it's definitely a crowd pleaser because I really find it very difficult to stop eating this cake, it can be addictive! I have seen kids and adults gushing over this cake. You can also use this as as dessert for a party and it is ideal for a potluck party too.




Green Moss Steamed Cake
(Adapted from Dapurkuberasap)




Ingredients

450gm butter
10 whole eggs
¾ cup castor sugar
2 cup Nestum – finely blended
200gm Horlicks
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
60ml pandan paste
1 cup Condensed Milk


Directions

Preheat the steamer. Grease an 8”x8” square baking pan and dust with flour then line with parchment paper. Set aside.

With an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape the mixer bowl occasionally.

Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each addition.

Beat in the condensed milk and pandan paste.

Lower the speed then add in the Horlicks, Nestum and flour alternately until well incorporated.  

Pour in batter into the baking pan. Cover with aluminium foil.

Steam for 3 – 4 hours. Check the water level after 1 hour and make sure to add hot water instead of cold water.  

Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...