Monday 30 October 2017

Happy 17th Birthday, my son!

We have been married since November 1999 and from the very beginning we wanted to have children. 

On October 30th 2000, we welcomed the our first child -- a son -- into the world. Five days before his due date which was November 4th, at 6.40am by a very unplanned caesarean. He was born healthy and beautiful.

I laboured at home all morning and arrived at the hospital at 1cm dilated! Thought I would be having the baby within the hour but the doctor said that the baby was still very high up and stayed that way after a few hours so I had a section and my beautiful boy was born. 3.6kg! My sweet H completes me as a mother!

Becoming a parent, particularly for the first time, is an emotional experience. It is wonderful. OK, there is the lack of sleep and official sick days, I know. 

I was only 24 when I had my son! Having my children was such a life-altering experience. When I had my children, I found the purpose in life. That doesn't mean I don't make my share of mistakes because being parents was never easy but I am a better person for knowing my children and I am very honoured to be their mother. And I wouldn't trade my best day before kids for my worst day with kids! They have taught me to be more patient, more loving and much more appreciative of every moment we have together as a family.

Life is great but life is even better once I have been blessed to become a mother. I love being a mother. Motherhood is my life and greatest achievement.


Happy 17th Birthday to my one and only beloved son! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...