Saturday 6 January 2018

Cheesecuits

During Christmas season, the stores are so beautifully decorated and very festive.  I am not usually a shopper and I rarely go into department stores but during the Christmas season, I love to shop…LOL

I don’t celebrate Christmas but my mother and my other sibs are Catholic. Hence, Christmas is often a time when we spend time with my family. It is different to a normal day because everyone is off work and doesn’t have an excuse to escape family time. This is also a good opportunity for my children to see and spend time with all my relatives. It’s just that there’s no gifts to wake up to on Christmas morning. We usually gather at my mother's house. I live 2 hours away. We spend the day cooking and preparing a big lunch and catching up with each other. Thanks to my family, a practicing Christian family who considerately went to greater lengths to see that everything served was halal and omitted all pork-based products from the table for our sake.  Nope, I am not asking everyone to understand but it’s clear that my family made me truly feel that no matter whom I marry, no religious disparity can change the love we have as a family.

My daughter made this easy and no-cooking-required Cheesecuits to bring along to my mother’s house. We also brought roasted chicken with black pepper sauce, achar, mini pizzas and deep-fried stuffed tofu puffs.

This photo was taken at my office last friday. I brought the ingredients and made it there together with my colleagues, as a Friday sedekah, in the only way I know how -- food.  Thanks to Hub who sponsored the ingredients.




Cheesecuits

Ingredients
250gm Cream cheese
½ can condensed milk
4 tbsp full cream milk / fresh milk
1/2 cup full cream milk / fresh milk
½ cup Nestum Cereal (Original flavour)
1 packet Cream Crackers

Directions

Line a container or a baking tin with aluminium foil. Set aside.

Beat the cheese until pale and fluffy.

Beat in the condensed milk. Add in 4 tbsp full cream / fresh milk and continue to beat until smooth. The mixture should not be too thick. Set aside.

Pour the ½ cup of full cream / fresh milk in a bowl. Dip the biscuits in the milk and arrange it to cover the base of the prepared container / baking tin.

Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuit layer.

Sprinkle a good amount of Nestum cereal over the cream cheese layer.

Keep layering until all the cream cheese is used up then crash a couple of biscuits and sprinkle on top.


Place it in the refrigerator to let it set for atleast overnight before slicing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...