Thursday 18 January 2018

Egg Tarts

I get asked by friends why I only cook my family’s favourite foods. Well..why waste my time preparing something that nobody wants to eat. I was motivated to cook by love for my family. In this way, I also get to improve my cooking skills and nowadays I can cook almost everything for them. I am also a fussy eater. I just like to eat something with a very good taste. If the food doesn’t have a good taste then I won’t eat it. My daughter loves these egg tarts. Please excuse the quick kitchen counter photo. 



Egg Tarts


Pastry

250gm all-purpose flour
125gm salted butter – room temperature
50gm icing sugar
1 whole egg (Gr A / B)
½ tsp Vanilla essence


Fillings

4 whole eggs (Gr A / B)
¾ castor sugar
1 can evaporated milk
½ cup water
1 tbsp custard flour
½ tsp vanilla essence (clear)
A few drops of egg yellow food colouring (optional)


Directions – Pastry

Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.

Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and pale. Beat in the eggs on low speed.

Beat in the vanilla essence. Then add the flour, a little at a time. Occasionally scraping the bowl down until the mixture comes together.  Once it is well mixed, knead the mixture to form a dough.

Take a small amount of dough then press it into the tart moulds so that it covers the bottom then continue to flatten the dough to about ½ cm thick, with your thumb, to cover the sides. Repeat with remaining dough.


Pop the empty shells in the oven for 8 minutes. Take them out and let them cool first before using.


Directions – Filling

Combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Pour the filling into each pastry shells.


Bake for 15 minutes until the custards are set. Let cool in the pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then, remove the moulds, transfer the tarts to the wire racks. Serve warm.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...