Friday 7 October 2016

Bubur Cha Cha (Sweet Potatoes and Taro in Coconut Milk)

When I was in Form 2, my former guardian, G, made this yummy dessert to be served in the monthly (church) prayer meeting. I fell in love with it straight away. A yummy dessert of colorful sweet potatoes, sago pearls and taro cooked in fresh coconut milk.

I love anything with sweet potatoes and taro in it. I remember my late grandmother used to grow all types of sweet potatoes in our backyard as we both love sweet potatoes so much. 

For best result, please use fresh coconut milk. As for me, I have no choice but to use evaporated milk as I am allergic to coconut milk. 

It tastes best when you let it sit a while after cooking, so the best time to eat it is when the dessert is lukewarm but I normally can’t wait that long. 



Bubur Cha Cha (Sweet Potatoes and Taro in Coconut Milk)


Ingredients

1kg mix of sweet potatoes and taro
3 pandan leaves
½ cup sugar / to taste
6 tbsp tiny sago pearls
½ cup thick coconut milk / evaporated milk


Instructions

Peel, dice and wash the sweet potatoes and taro. Set aside.

Wash and tie the pandan leaves into a knot. Put the pandan leaves into a large pot and add 3 liters water and bring to a boil then remove the leaves.

Add the sweet potatoes and taro and stir to mix well. Then add the sago pearls. Stir once in a while. Cook until the potatoes and taro is tender and the sago pearls has turned translucent.

Add sugar then add the milk and stir to mix well. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...