Friday 7 October 2016

Egg-in-a-hole (Ala B)

I didn’t learn how to cook until I was 13. It’s because my late grandmother had been so ridiculously territorial in the kitchen that I never much felt welcome.

I made sure I didn't repeat the same mistake with my daughter. She started fixing snacks for herself when she was only 8.

Last week, when I picked her up from school, she asked me if I know how to cook a sammich. At first, I thought I misheard her. I had no idea what a sammich was.

At home later, she showed me exactly how to cook this sammich thing. She got this idea after watching her favourite cartoon ‘Adventure Time’ on tv. I did a little research much later and found out that the correct name for this is actually Egg-in-a-hole.

Egg-in-a-hole (Ala B)                                                                                            

Ingredients

1 slice of white bread
1 egg
1 tbsp butter
Salt
Pepper


Instructions

Take a scissor then cut a hole in the center of the bread. You can also use a biscuit cutter if you have one.

Heat up a pan on medium-low and melt in the butter. When the butter is all spread out, put the bread in the pan and crack the egg straight into the center of the hole. 



Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg sets a bit on the bottom.  Carefully flip the bread over to cook the other side.






Serve it with a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...